About the Billington CyberSecurity Summit
Billington CyberSecurity is one of the world’s leading cyber education companies for senior executives.
Founded in 2010, the company produces the world’s leading government cybersecurity summit. The 12th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit will occur virtually October 6-8, 2021. Last year’s event sold out with some 1200 attendees.
After a decade launching the largest events for BNA and Thomson Reuters, Thomas K. Billington founded his cybersecurity education company early in 2010 with an exclusive focus on cybersecurity, years before the issue made major newspaper headlines. He is now Chairman, CEO and Founder of the limited liability company.
Since 2010, the company has launched dozens of events in the U.S. and abroad which have enhanced the trust, transparency, educational awareness and the dissemination of best practices in cybersecurity. His events have occurred at the British Parliament in London, twice at the Cobo Center in Detroit focused on auto cybersecurity, in Denver, at the Washington Convention Center and in various locations throughout the DC area such as the Metropolitan Club.
Past faculty have included four NSA Directors, the President of Estonia, CISOs at Fortune 500 companies, the cyber commanders of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard and senior cyber leaders from Singapore, U.K., Australia, Japan, Israel and Kuwait.
Since 2010, the firm’s events have attracted overall over 5000 attendees, more than 500 speakers and 100 top sponsors including Toyota, Nissan, Northrop Grumman, Cisco, Booz Allen Hamilton, Raytheon, General Dynamics, FireEye, etc. Events featured the first address in the U.S. by the Director of GCHQ and the first keynote by the Chairman and CEO of GM about the importance of cybersecurity to autonomous vehicles.
Billington’s events have been covered in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, C-SPAN, etc.
The British and Canadian Ambassadors have hosted receptions at their Embassies for five and three years, respectively, surrounding our event. Billington recently was asked to host a half day cyber event just for the Defense Attache Association with over 25 countries represented.
At the most recent summit, in addition to Canadian and British Cyber Innovation Zones, Israel launched its first zone and brought many cyber innovators to the event from Israel.
About the Founder
Tom Billington is the CEO and Founder of Billington CyberSecurity, a leading, independent education company founded in 2010 with an exclusive focus on cybersecurity. It will produce the 11th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit on September 8-9, 2020 and has for the last three years offered a membership service, the Leadership Council, which convenes senior public and private partners in quarterly Chatham House Rule breakfasts for knowledge sharing and networking.
The company has built a unique trust among senior military, intelligence and civilian government and industry officials in the U.S. and among our allies. He has also produced several cyber events serving the auto sector in Detroit and the private sector in New York. His events have been cited in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and The New York Times.
His father Dr. James Billington, who ran the Library of Congress for 28 years, inspired Tom to launch his organization with a patriotic mission to serve our country. In 1999, Tom launched his first cyber summit at BNA, later purchased by Bloomberg. During the decade before launching this company, Tom produced hundreds of events for BNA and Thomson Reuters.
Tom graduated with an MBA from Georgetown and a B.A. from Brown University. He is a member of the Metropolitan Club and the Economic Club of Washington, D.C.
Billington CyberSecurity Award Recipients
Lifetime Achievement Award for Public Service
- 9/2019 General Michael Hayden, USAF (Ret.), Principal, The Chertoff Group
General (Ret.) Michael V. Hayden Lifetime Achievement Award
- 9/2020 Rep. Jim Langevin (D-RI)
Woman Cybersecurity Leadership Award
- 9/2019 Karen Evans, Assistant Secretary for Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response, Department of Energy
- 9/2020 Katie Arrington, Chief Information Security Officer for Acquisition and Sustainment, Department of Defense
Billington CyberSecurity International Leadership Award
- 3/2018 David Koh, Commissioner of Cybersecurity for Singapore and Chief Executive, Cyber Security Agency of Singapore, Deputy Secretary (Special Projects) and Defence Cyber Chief, Ministry of Defence (Singapore)
- 9/2019 Ciaran Martin, Chief Executive Officer, National Cyber Security Centre (UK)
- 9/2020 Major General Marcus Thompson AM, Head of Information, Warfare, Australian Defence Force
Billington CyberSecurity Leadership Award
- 9/2012 His Excellency Toomas Hendrik Ilves, President, Republic of Estonia
- 9/2013 General (Ret.) Keith B. Alexander, Commander, U.S. Cyber Command, Director, NSA/Chief, Central Security Service
- 9/2014 Dr. Ronald Ross, Fellow, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- 9/2015 General (Ret.) Michael Hayden, Former Director, NSA, CIA
- 9/2016 Michael Daniel, Special Assistant to the President and White House Cybersecurity Coordinator
- 9/2017 Brig. Gen. (Ret.) Gregory Touhill, U.S. Chief Information Security Officer
- 9/2018 General Paul Nakasone, United States Army, Commander, United States Cyber Command, Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service
- 9/2019 Christopher Krebs, Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Department of Homeland Security
- 9/2020 The Honorable Dana Deasy, Chief Information Officer, Department of Defense
Billington CyberSecurity Automotive Leadership Award
- 8/2018 The Honorable Gary Peters, U. S. Senate